At the recent IBA Marketing Conference, Sean Payant from Haberfeld Associates in Lincoln, Nebraska, outlined, “Strategies to Win the War.” His session was about how community banks can effectively compete with large banks with a nationwide presence.
One of his strategies was to focus market efforts on event marketing. He shared these benefits for event marketing.
- Drive non-customers and customers into your branches – customer acquisition and cross selling opportunities
- Create a bank-wide initiative
- Give the frontline something exciting to talk about
- Create energy around a clear goal with defined objectives
- Optimize the investment in your branches
- They work!
Event marketing is a measurable activity that you can record the ROI for the campaign, and can be a valuable part of of your bank’s marketing plan.
Sean Payant, Ph.D. is the Senior Executive Vice President at Haberfeld Associates in Lincoln Nebraska. He spoke at the 2012 IBA Marketing Conference on May 3, 2012.